Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More about the Nesting Box

nesting box

Sitting out on the terrace with my early morning cup of tea, this morning, I noticed a dirty mark below the hole on the new nesting box.   A closer look revealed that it was in fact the tail feathers of a tit that had gone into the box.    I watched for a while as the tit poked it’s head in and out,looked around and then went back into the box.  A short while later, It came back out and flew off.

I don’t know much about the habits of tits when looking for nesting sites but I’m hopeful that my box wil prove attractive to one and am reassured by this early visit.

I have also hung 5 different bird feeders in my fig tree, all of which I can see from my chair on the terrace and all of which I enjoy watching.NNBW-logo   It mainly seems to be great tits and coal tits visiting at the moment, but that might simply be that they are the birds I recognise.

Please support       .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Find the best business loan provider in World! Here at Capital Funds Investment Ltd, you're able to get a business loan immediately with lowest inters.Email: (loancfifundsltd@gmail.com)

Address:-

Licensed Money Lender

License No: 14/2017

Business Reg. Number: 53119127C

Email : loancfifundsltd@gmail.com