Sunday, August 10, 2008

FoGroBloMe

FoGroBloMe

My friend Patrick over at Bifurcated Carrots has been organising a food growing bloggers meeting in the UK which will happen towards the end of September.  There may be a seat or two left if you would be interested in going.   Probably the best thing to do is to contact Patrick directly on his blog although I do know he's away for a few days, visiting Germany and Spain.

Sadly, I can't go as I have a prior family engagement the same weekend.  I say sadly because I would very much have liked to be able to attend as there are people going I'm very keen to meet in person...  Maybe I'll get to meet you on another occasion..

Which neatly leads me into promoting my own event in 2009.   September 19, 2009  - the same weekend, next year, that Patrick has used this year.....  My goodness, it's almost beginning to look like there is some sort of plan unfolding....

The event, near Bergerac in France, will happen over two days, Saturday and Sunday, and I already have confirmations from Australia and the USA, as well as here in France. The weekend will be organised in such a way that it will be possible to come along on either day or for both days...  I will be getting a schedule together in the near future.

Thanks to Patrick for organising this event.

FoGroBloMe, 20 September, 9:30am - 5:30pm, Oxford Botanic Garden, High Street, Oxford, UK

 

Sunday August 24th is Kitchen Garden Day

   
Just a quick reminder of Kitchen Garden Day, later this month....  I'm holding an event here near Bergerac which consists of a meal in the garden at lunchtime...  I'm asking all attendees to bring a dish of something to share, preferably something grown in your garden or farmed locally.  I shall be providing a barbecue of local pork, but there will be lots of choices of both vegetarian and omnivarian dishes.

If you want to come, then please, leave me a contact email address as a comment..

Hope to see you here later this month....

No comments: