Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Villereal - 13/9/08

IMG_0171Last Saturday we visited Villereal market "comme d'habitude".    It was a beautiful day, not too hot but not too cold either.... I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt....

It was a relief after the crush of theIMG_0172 summer tourist traffic to have a moment to chat to the traders.... I fully understand that our economy, including my personal economy, relies so very heavily on the tourists arriving IMG_0176and spending some of their money here.... I don't begrudge them anything, as without them, the very things I enjoy wouldn't exist..... but it's nice when the time comes for them to go home again and we can return to a less frenetic existence.... 

We spent a very pleasant couple of hours wandering around and this week I visited the cheese man, who had some beautiful Cantal regional cheese as well as these intriguing looking Torteau Fromage.

Laurent had his usual excellent range of fruit and vegetables..  .. the sign offers a 10kg sac of haricot grain for €25  (for the non metric readers.. 10kg is about 22lbs and €25 is about 35USD)