Monday, February 7, 2011

Seed Exchange List

The Seed Exchange is a network of people offering seed.  My own seed is now all saved by myself here in France.

Please come back and visit this page again soon, I intend to update it regularly as I establish what seeds I have available.

Anyone can ask for seeds by emailing me at kitchengardeninfrance@gmail.com .    If you have a blog then why not offer some of your own spare seed?    To find out more about the Seed Exchange Network, why not take at look at Patrick's comments on

Bifurcated Carrots

Please note.  This is only the second year I have offered seeds for exchange and I have tried to keep the seeds pure.

Seeds for 2011

Beans

  • Black Turtle Beans  -  These are a pole bean. The seeds were saved by myself.
  • Purple Podded Pole Bean.  These beans are beautiful.  They are a deep purple on the vine and change to green when cooked.  The pods are long and full.  Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Borlotto Bean - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Poletschka Bean - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010

Pumpkin, Courge and Melon etc

  • Monsieur Gary's Charentais Melon. M. Gary is a local farmer here at the Kitchen Garden in France and for years he has grown his own sweet Charentais melon, saving the seeds from one year to the next.  I'm pleased to have grown a few of these myself and kept the seeds to offer here.
  • Courgette d'Italie - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Queensland Blue Pumpkin - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Butternut Pumpkin - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Bari Cucumber - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010

Tomatoes

  • Ian's Red Cherry Tomato.  A delicious variety of cherry tomato which grows successfully here, giving truss after truss of delicious rich red cherry tomatoes.  These are seeds I've saved myself after several years acclimatising the plant to the climate here.

Capsicums

  • Cath's Red Cornos Capsicum - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Yellow Cornos Capsicum - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010

Cabbage and Lettuce

  • Joy's Cos Lettuce - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Lollo Rosso Batavia Lettuce - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Reine des Glaces Batavia Lettuce - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Red Cabbage - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010

Herbs

  • Dill - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010
  • Chives - Seeds saved by myself at the end of the season 2010

Email me if you would like any of the above seed.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Your list looks great!