Friday, July 2, 2010

1st Peaches

Back last year I added a peach tree to those trees I already had in the orchard.

1st_peach I didn't really expect any fruit for the first couple of years.   Back in May, I wrote that there were a dozen or so tiny fruits developing.  Well, the winds and dry weather have taken their toll on that number but you can imagine the delight as I have watched four tiny fruit hang on and develop over the past month or two.

Today, on my walk around the garden I noticed that one of these precious fruit had fallen off,.  It was lying on the floor, undamaged by it's sudden descent.  So I picked it up and figured that as the flesh of peaches can so easily be damaged, the best thing would be to eat it there and then.

It was truly delicious and I immediately decided to pick the other three.  They were all small but oh so juicy.

This was a taste first for me, never before having been in a position to eat peaches fresh from the tree.   It's a memory created.

So there you have it, my first peaches.  Truly succulent and, although very small this year, a sign of great things to come

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That's great Ian, it is wonderful that you are enjoying your garden and it's produce.